Carmel United Methodist Church is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
CHURCH BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR:
The Church/Business Administrator oversees the operational, organizational, and managerial operations of the church. At least 3 years business experience required, preferably in a non-profit area. Responsibilities include:
- supervise finance in conjunction with Finance Committee and Financial Secretary
- supervise facilities including negotiating contracts in conjunction with the Trustees and the Building Superintendent
- supervise Human Resources in conjunction with Staff Parish
- oversee IT operations.
This position is a 29 hour/week position and requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree.
COMMUNICATIONS and MEDIA SPECIALIST:
The Communications and Media Specialist is responsible for all internal and external communications at Carmel UMC. This job is 24-28 hours per week position includes:
- preparing and editing the weekly bulletin
- attend weekly Pastoral and Worship planning meetings
- preparing slides for worship (Currently using EasyWorship, switching to ProPresenter)
- preparing graphics for lobby monitors
- regular email blasts to church database
- regular updates to website, mobile app, and social media
- create, edit and distribute monthly newsletter
- provide technical support/training for CUMC database
- provide technical support to staff when needed
- communicate effectively with staff
- create custom sermon graphics when requested
This position is a part-time position and pay is based upon experience. A bachelor's degree is preferred with at least 2 years experience in Communications, church related preferred.