Every week I am so amazed at what we do to the glory of God, which very often would never be possible, without the giving from this church.
Over this past weekend alone:
- An elderly homeowner who could not afford nor could physically do some fall work at her home was brought to the attention of our Local Outreach Minister; 40 youth and adults built a team and responded Sunday afternoon...I love to close my eyes and imagine the joy on that homeowner's face.
- IHN (Interfaith Hospitality Network--an outreach to homeless families with children) ended their week long stay at Carmel UMC
- Prayers covered two of our preschoolers who had surgery
- Communion was taken to one of our long-time members who is in rehab
- Nearly 660 worshiped in traditional worship, contemporary worship, online or Sunday afternoon at the Barrington
- 21 Confirmation students met to begin their year-long journey in studying what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, growing in their faith, and ultimately making a choice to join the church.
- 12 persons attended a New Member class and will be received into Carmel UMC membership
- 124 people were served at the Food Pantry on Saturday
- 25 Carmel UMC Youth served at the Food Pantry stocking shelves
This is what we do and so much more!! And this was just in 48 hours!
So, as we work our way through this series, "This is What We Do", I am going to leave you with some questions to ask yourself...
- Am I a part of the we????
- If THIS is what we do now, what would happen if I would just step up my giving this next year???
I am diligently praying to our Almighty God for a true breakthrough in the heart of this congregation so that what we...
- would be doing according to God's will
- grow in numbers as to the number of persons who are a part of the "we"
- grow our giving to do much more for the Kingdom of God
People often ask, "with so much crime, so much increase in drug use, so much increase in terrorism...what can we do to begin to make an impact to turn things around?" Here's the answer: "one step at a time, one individual at a time."
We can do this now!!!
Rev. Patti Napier
"The well of God's providence is deep, the buckets we bring are small." Mary Webb